August 24, 2011

Anna Hazare is not popular in South India


Today one of my friends asked me to write about Anna Hazare. Nowadays all the newspapers are filled by Anna Hazare. Day by day people support for Anna Hazare is gradually increasing.  

I just shown my interest to know where Anna is very popular. I came to know that Anna is not popular in South India.

Google Trends

I used Google Trends to find Anna's popularity in India. Google Trends is a tool used to find how often a particular keyword used in Google search engine. 

The term 'Anna Hazare' was often typed by the following state...
  1. Haryana
  2. Assam 
  3. Bihar
  4. Uttar Pradesh
  5. Orissa 
  6. Punjab
  7. Rajasthan 
  8. Madhya Pradesh
  9. Gujarat
  10. West Bengal
Surprisingly there is no South Indian States in the above top ten states. In South India we have four states. The state names are...

  1. Tamil Nadu
  2. Kerala
  3. Karnataka 
  4. Andhra  Pradesh
Now the question is what happened to South Indian People. Why they don't show interest to search about Anna Hazare. 

Recently Karnataka Chief Minister Yeddyurappa resigned his post due to corruption charge. Moreover one central minister (A.Raja) and one M.P (Kanimozhi) from Tamil Nadu already in Tihar Jail due to 2G scam. Due to the same 2G corruption charge few months before one central minister (Dayanidhi Maran) also from Tamil Nadu resigned his post.

I could not find the reason why Anna is not popular in South India. If you know the reason please share with me.