May 8, 2012

I said YES. But my wife said NO. Then...

Book: Off to sea-A Romance

It was Sunday morning. I was reading newspaper (The Hindu). My wife was near to me. She was reading magazine (சிநேகிதி). I was reading movie review. The movie name is Case No. 18/9 (வழக்கு எண் 18/9).

Kannan: Shall we go for movie?
My wife: No.
Kannan: Why?
My wife: I am not interested.
Kannan: What happened?
My wife: Our relationship is not good. Then, what is the use of going out?

Yes, last few days our relationship was not in good shape. We both were travelling in different directions. Whenever I approached my wife, she was busy with her work like cooking, washing and ironing. Similarly, I was busy with my computer whenever she turned to me.

The real problem is we did not have enough time to talk. We were engaged with our individual priorities. Eventually it started to spoil our wavelength and mood.

My wife: Our relationship is not good. Then what's the use of going out?
Kannan: Yesterday, I told you that I am always thinking about you.
My wife: Yes, you said it. But I don't accept.
Kannan: Believe me. I love you.
My wife: ...
Kannan: Yesterday, I bought a book for you.

Last Saturday, I went to R.S.Puram to drop my friend, who came here from Namakkal to attend an interview. He was attending interview. I was waiting for him. Meantime, I roamed in R.S.Puram particularly in D.B. road and TV Swamy road.

First, I thought of purchase something for my one year old son. I decided to buy cycle for him. I found one beautiful bicycle on Red-Yellow color combination. But the cost of cycle is Rs. 2,500. At that time, I did not have that much money. So I left it.

Second, I shown interest to buy dress for my wife. This time my mind was not cooperating with me. Still it was thinking about that particular bicycle. So I was not able to select the best one for my wife. So I walked away from the shop.

Third and last, I entered into old bookshop (Pic 'n' Pac), which is located in T.V. Swamy Road West. I bought two books. First one for my wife and the second book for my cousin. The first book name is OFF TO SEA: A Romance. The author name is Richard Stine.

Book: Off to sea-A Romance


Kannan: Yesterday, I bought a book for you.
My wife: Hmm...
Kannan: I am sure. You like this book.
My wife: ...
Kannan: Each and every page have colorful pictures.
My wife: Hmm...
Kannan: I bought this book just for you. Please have it.

As I said earlier last few days we were not in good wavelength. So I decided to give the book later to my wife.

Remember, I bought this book from old book shop for Rs. 50. The book was published on 1987. Tony was the person who initially bought this book. He had given this book to his darling. Yes, Tony had gifted for valentine's day. He had written the following message.

"Darling,

Happy Valentine's Day 1987

-Tony"

He had written the above message on the first page of the book. The message is still visible. Have a look.

Book: Off to sea-A Romance


Kannan: I bought this book just for you. Please have it.
.
.
.
My wife read that book and asked me...
.
.
.
My wife: What do you want to say?
Kannan: Nothing. But, I love you.
My wife: :) :) :)
.
.
.
We both started to have breakfast. We ate Pongal. We did not use two plates. We ate from single plate together.
.
.
.
Kannan: Shall we go for movie?
My wife: ! ! !
Kannan: We have two movies (Leelai and Case No. 18/9).
My wife: Hmm...
Kannan: The Hindu says both are good movie.
My wife: Hmm...
Kannan: But we will go for the second movie. Shall we go?
My wife: Yes.

Book: Off to sea-A Romance


Moral of the story:

Buy Book | Book Builds Relationship