February 22, 2012

Nokia is No.1 on Internet

Nokia

Are you using mobile phone to access Internet? I started to use mobile phone to access Internet just six months ago. Worldwide Internet usage through mobile phone is less than 10 percentage. But, year by year, the percentage is gradually increasing. Three years ago the number is less than 1 percentage.

Let us see how the mobile phone has been used for internet accessing over the years.

Year Internet Usage Via Mobile Phone (%)
January 2009 0.7
January 2010 1.6
January 2011 4.3
January 2012 8.5
Source: StatCounter


Generally I work on Internet through my desktop. Rarely I prefer phone to browse Internet. Due to frequent power cut in Tamil Nadu, I started to use Internet via phone. I am using Samsung mobile phone. What is your brand?

According to recent report,  Nokia is the most used phone to access Internet in worldwide. Apple phone is the Second most used phone. My favorite brand Samsung is in Fourth Place. BlackBerry is in Third place.

Nokia

Meantime let us look at the following table to know which brand phone is the most used particularly in India and America.

Rank Worldwide America India
1
Nokia
Apple
Nokia
2
Apple
BlackBerry
Samsung
3
BlackBerry
Samsung
Sony Ericsson
4
Samsung
Nokia
Apple
Source: StatCounter

Are you using mobile phone to access Internet? What is your brand?